Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Of The Stars

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Affinity System (Post here again :3)

Go down 
+3
Donovan
Alastor
Scarlett
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlett
Admin
Scarlett

Affinity System (Post here again :3) Empty
PostSubject: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

The affinity system affects how each character views another. Characters with high affinity get along well, while those with little affinity may fight often, or just generally dislike one another. How much affinity you begin with depends on your character and their personality, and feelings for others. For example, Billy has a crush on Sally, so he begins with high affinity for her. By contrast, Sally thinks Billy is gross, so she has little affinity for him.

Affinity amounts will change as the story goes on. For example:
Billy gives Sally a rose. Sally's affinity for Billy goes up 5 points.
Sally slaps Billy. Billy's affinity for Sally goes down 3 points.

Note that an amount of affinity for characters to be on speaking terms is 20, although they may not like each other. A high affinity amount is 200. When two characters reach a high affinity for one another, something good may happen...

When affinity changes, please include it at the bottom of your post. It will be fixed into the table.

How the table works: The side row is the character who FEELS the affinity. The top row are the characters he or she has affinity FOR (color coded for easier understanding).

Alastor Donovan Siren Nostromo Raiz Claire Emmerich
Alastor - 70 60 50 50 50 40
Donovan 75 - 68 36 60 40 45
Siren 72 47- 50 50 60 30
Nostromo 75 44 65 - 45 5545
Raiz 70 60 7060 - 47 40
Claire 80 80 55 40 80 - 60
Emmerich 50 43 47 48 40 45 -

Please post here with starting affinity points for your characters. For anybody new who joins, they'll get an automatic 40 point boost from everyone (40 is base, just met kinda thing). Also post color preference if you have one (for table), and small notes about how your character currently feels about everyone. They'll change as the story goes along, and you'll keep editing that post. Remember that the small thoughts are PRIVATE, and you may not roleplay off something another person has not shared in roleplay context. This is just to get an idea how each character is feeling atm.

Last edited by Siren on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Admin
Scarlett

PostSubject: Siren's Feelings -   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:17 pm

Alastor
Well, he's my boss and what's not to like? He's funny, handsome and charming. I do get the feeling he's hiding something though....

Donovan
He's a little scary...he seems to take enjoyment from killing. I'll work with him, but being alone in a room with him is pretty uncomfortable. I always feel like I'll say something stupid.

Nostromo
I feel more comfortable with Nos than I do with most other crew mates. At least he's not the dark, brooding type, and he's fun to talk to.

Raiz
Raiz is really quiet and laid back, and for some reason protective of me. I'd never met a Hunder before, so I'm not too sure how to act...

Claire
Claire's new and all, but I'm glad there's another female elite bridge hand now. She's rather withdrawn, but I've always wondered what it's like to have a sister.

Emmerich
He is new as well, so I try to be nice, but he's really mysterious and somewhat of a loner. I try to avoid him because he scares me, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Alastor

Alastor

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Donovan
What can I say for my most loyal hand? Sure he's a bit on the homicidal side, but the man is good at what he does, and he does it without question. I have entrusted him with part of my dark burden, and instructed him that if I should ever mutate while on the ship, to kill me without a second thought.

Siren
Ah, the lovely Siren. She's not for killing as some of my other hands, but for moral, and that voice of hers that strikes the very fabrics of existence, similar to how magic is used, not that she's aware of it. Her quick wit and charm leads her to be a great tactician and intelligence gatherer.

Nostromo
The only one on the ship I feel could handle me in close range combat. He's a bit aloof, but like all of my hands, I trust him with my life, and the well being of my ship. He's a great pilot after all.

Raiz
Although his strength knows no bounds, within him lies a gentle soul. I would trust no other to repair the Fever. He also has a unique ability to tap into magic and change his form, most rare for a Hunder, and very curious...

Claire
Claire is young yet experienced in combat. Although she is new, her prowess has already earned her a position on my bridge. I look forward to learning more about her and her past.

Emmerich
Against the wishes of some crew mates, I have hired this man. He is a reject from his people, for the dark wings that he possesses, a curious genetic mistake. He's quite good with a blade, close to myself even.
Back to top Go down
Donovan
Admin
Donovan

Character Stats : Affinity
Alastor -
Scarlett -
Nostromo -
Claire -

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Alastor (75)
He is not just my leader, but he is my friend. I trust him as much as he trusts me and I feel as though he is the only man that truly doesn't mind who I am. However, I still feel uneasy as to how he might react if he were to find out what I had been doing back then, back before Earth got swallowed into the war.

Siren (68)
She is concerned for me...well, for all of us, but it seems that she has extended her hand or at least her ears to help me. I might need her after all.

Nostromo (36)
A good man, but I don't necessarily trust a man who's past is a riddled childhood and meshed with pirates. I may not be the most decent man, but I'm honest about my work.

Raiz (60)
I have worked with him on several occasions, though I find his hairy nature a bit appalling his is as good of a comrade as he is a friend.

Claire (40)
New to the group, I try to help her, but she seems to push me away. Just like the other women, I believe she fears me, however, I do not blame her for it.

Emmerich (45)
What do i see in this man? Myself actually. He seems oh so familiar, but I would never be able to put a finger on where I have met him before. With a similarly dark nature, this unique mutation of a creature strikes interest with me, but I would not go as far as calling him friend quite yet.

((Preferably a darker red for my color))

Last edited by Donovan on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raiz

Raiz

Character Stats : Affinity~
Siren (70)
Alastor (70)
Don (60)
Nostrom (60)
Claire (47)
Emmerich (40)

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Alastor (70) - Boss, respectable man, i envy him for being able to just sit around when he doesn't want to work, but i respect the fact he has faith in our ability's

Don (60) - Hmm....Strange friendship there...well his delight in killing is a bit...extreme, i think theres a deeper meaning to why he loves it so much but im not too sure, ill have to sit down and talk with him over a drink or two again

Nostrom (60) - Ok guy, likes to blast his music but if its not to loud its enjoyable, hes a good sparing partner if he gets serious, a pilot Ide rather not get angry when flying too, over all nothing real bad to say.

Claire (40) - Newbie of the captains Elite, hacker extraordinaire and someone i wouldnt like to have sneak up on me with her "Tony" dunno what i feel about her yet...

Emmerich (40) - ...don't know a lot about him, but i don't think hes a bad guy...but Im not entirely sure...

Siren (70) - Ah..Siren for some reason I'm attracted to her, it might have to do with her voice, doesn't matter how loud her singing gets all it does is sooth and calm me, anything else and i usually have to wear some ear plugs to muffle the sounds and protect my ears.

(Color? something that would suit my character, no real preference)
Back to top Go down
Claire Knightingale

Claire Knightingale

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Siren: (60) She seems to be a nice girl, but I can't help but be angry at her all the time. She's so beautiful, thin, and all the guys seem to like her. I'm so jealous of her. I try to avoid her as much as possible. It's not that I don't like her, she just reminds me of everything I hate about myself.

Donovan: (80) He's a strange man. He's never ever done anything bad to me, but Iget the feeling that he enjoys killing a little...too much, and that makes me uncomfortable.

Raiz: (80) Haha, I like McGruff. He's fun to tease. I like to smear peanut butter on his gums when he's sleeping in dog form. He's a cool guy. I wonder if his legs shake when you rub his belly....

Alastor:(80) I find him very attractive, but then again so does every other girl on the ship. I feel extremely self concious around him, so like with Siren I try to avoid him. I feel honord to have had him entrust me with the ships computer system, I have alot of ideas to imrpove it and have it run more efficiently.

Nostromo: (40) I don't know him very well. But I don't think he's a bad person. I don't talk with him much.

Emmerich: (60) I like his wings. They remind me of creatures in antique videogames I've played before.

((PURPLE!!!!)

Last edited by Claire Knightingale on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Emmerich

Emmerich

PostSubject: Thoughts of Emmerich   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Alastor (50)
He chose me to be part of the best, so what's there to dislike? Also, there seems to be a slight connection of how we think. It could at this point be good or bad.

Donovan (43)
I'm not to sure about him yet, but i do notice something strange about this man. He seems somehow familiar to myself.

Nostromo (48)
He is rarely negative of situations, but he is a little awkward in the social department.

Raiz (40)
I do not know a lot about this person, so I'm a little hesitant. But then again, if Alastor chose him, then he can be trusted.

Claire (45)
She is interesting, and she is definably not like the rest. Like myself, she has chosen the blade over guns.

Siren (47)
She is, without a doubt, the visual of the group. But there seems to be some misunderstanding behind her thoughts and who I really am.
Back to top Go down
Claire Knightingale

Claire Knightingale

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I edited my numbers today because after thinking about it I set some of them too high.
Back to top Go down
Nostromo
Admin
Nostromo

Character Stats : Affinity:
Alastor (70),
Donovan (55),
Emmerich (55),
Raiz (55),
Claire (55),
Siren (60)

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Alastor (75)
A great leader, and the only I may ever call, "Boss", I will continue to do my best to help out my leader and team-mates.

Donovan (35)
A good man, but one who seems a bit too cold and calculative for my taste, only time will tell if I can fully trust him.

Emmerich (45)
He is alright, though perhaps a bit too quiet at times, but that is not nessesarily a bad thing.

Raiz (45)
He seems to be good, certainly a good sparring partner.

Claire (55)
She seems like an intersting person, she surely likes technology like I do, so I hope we get more chance to talk in the future.

Siren (65)
Out of most of the crew, she seems to be the most sunny sided, that makes her someone fun to talk to and get to know better.
Back to top Go down
https://nexussaga.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affinity System (Post here again :3)   Affinity System (Post here again :3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Affinity System (Post here again :3)
Page 1 of 1